One of our favorite meals around here is Sausage & Rice Skillet. It’s super easy to make even when you are still looking for things in boxes from moving. And it’s of course delicious.
Sausage & Rice Skillet
- 16 oz smoked sausage link
- 1 green bell pepper, rough chopped
- 1 small onion, rough chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 2 – 3.5 oz bags boil in bag white rice
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Slice sausage in 1/2 inch slices.
- In a large skillet, sauté sausage until light brown.
- Remove sausage from skillet leaving drippings in the pan. You can add a little olive oil if there isn’t much dripping in the pan.
- Add bell pepper and onion. Sauté for about for 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté for another minute.
- Add chicken stock, rice and sausage.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium low. Allow to cook for 10 minutes or all the liquid is gone.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 472 Total Fat: 34g Saturated Fat: 11g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 18g Cholesterol: 74mg Sodium: 1228mg Carbohydrates: 21g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 5g Protein: 19g
Recipe is adapted from myrecipes.com
Looking for more great, easy, & delicious dinners? Check out some of our favorites!
Don’t forget to pin!