Sausage and Rice Skillet is an easy, fast and delicious meal. Most of the ingredients you already have on hand and makes for a quick meal when you don’t know what to make.
We all need those meals that we can just throw together at the last minute. Sausage and Rice Skillet is one of those. Even if the sausage is frozen it doesn’t take long to thaw in the microwave.
- When polish sausage, kielbasa, or your favorite link sausage is on sale pick up a few of them. Store them in your freezer until you need them.
- When bell peppers especial red, yellow or orange ones are on sale, pick up a bunch of them. Dice them and pop them in the freezer. They will be perfect for this recipe and for any others you need bell peppers.
- I try to keep boil in a bag rice on hand. Watch for those sales.
Can you use long grain rice instead of boil in a bag rice?
Yes, you can. You will need to add 4 cups of chicken stock and 2 cups of rice. Add it as you would the instant rice and cook as long as the rice package directs.
Can you use Minute Rice instead of boil in a bag rice?
Yes, you can. You will need 2 cups of rice and 2 cups of chicken stocks. Add it like you would the boil in the bag rice and cook according to the package directions.
- 16 oz smoked sausage link
- 1 green bell pepper, rough chopped
- 1 small onion, rough chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 2 – 3.5 oz bags boil in bag white rice
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Slice sausage in 1/2 inch slices.
- In a large skillet, sauté sausage until light brown.
- Remove sausage from skillet leaving drippings in the pan. You can add a little olive oil if there isn’t much dripping in the pan.
- Add bell pepper and onion. Sauté for about for 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté for another minute.
- Add chicken stock, rice and sausage.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium low. Allow to cook for 10 minutes or all the liquid is gone.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 472 Total Fat: 34g Saturated Fat: 11g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 18g Cholesterol: 74mg Sodium: 1228mg Carbohydrates: 21g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 5g Protein: 19g
Looking for more great, easy, & delicious dinners? Check out some of our favorites!
Don’t forget to pin!