While living in Texas, I met all sorts of people. Lots of them were soldiers. I lived 35 minutes from a major military base. Quite a few of those soldiers left an impression on me for all sorts of reasons. One in particular because he love to cook and bake as much as I do. He often would bring things he made to our singles group get togethers. All were very yummy. One thing in particular that stuck with me was his slow cooker chocolate chip cookie bars. Who knew you could make cookies in a slow cooker!
I never did get his recipe for the cookies, but a quick google search gave me quite a few recipes. I picked one and went with it. But I did have to make some alterations because I’m just like that.
- 1 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- In a mixer, cream butter and sugars.
- Add eggs and vanilla, mix to combine.
- Add salt and baking soda, combine.
- Add flour and mix until well combined.
- Add chocolate chips and only mix enough to combine. Mixing too much will break chips.
- Grease inside of crock.
- Cut a piece of wax paper to cover the bottom and grease wax paper.
- Spread in slow cooker evenly. Cover and bake on low for 3 hours or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Take lid off, set it on sideways, and continue to bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove crock from heating element and allow to cool for another 30 minutes.
- Flip cookie bar out onto cooling rack. Allow to cool completely.
- Cut up and enjoy.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Don’t forget to pin!