In under 10 minutes, you can have Verde Chicken in the Crockpot and 2 more of the meals in the freezer!
One day, we had just put an offer on a new house. I looked around the kitchen thinking, “I really need to use up some of this food so I don’t have to move it!” So I started pulling cans out of the cupboard and threw together what ended up being some of the most delicious chicken I’ve ever had!
The best part of this Slow Cooker Verde Chicken recipe is that I’ve made it to where you can buy one can of each item, and make 3 meals with it. So your 4 ingredients, and a few minutes of prep time results in 2 freezer meals plus a meal in the slow cooker!
- 6 chicken breasts
- 28 oz can green chile enchilada sauce
- 14.5 oz can chicken broth, or 2 cups
- 7 oz can diced green chiles
- 2 freezer bags
- Place 2 chicken breasts into the crock pot and 2 freezer bags.
- In each container, add 1 C. enchilada sauce, 2/3 C. broth, and 1/4 C. green chiles.
- Seal the freezer bags well and freeze.
- Cook in the crockpot for 4-6 hours on low, or until the chicken shreds easily.
- To cook the freezer meals, run hot water over the frozen mass until it comes out of the bag into the crockpot. Cook on low 5-6 hours.
What is your favorite freezer meal or slow cooker meal?
Don’t forget to pin!