Smoked Pork Butt or Shoulder is great for pulled pork. It has great smoked flavor. Add a little BBQ sauce and it’s perfect for a pulled pork sandwich.
How long does it take to smoke a pork butt?
I don’t smoke a pork butt or shoulder according to time. I smoke it until it’s 202 degrees. But that doesn’t help when trying to plan for smoking a pork butt. Smoking a pork butt is an all day process. It takes between 12-20 hours.
What is the difference between a pork shoulder and a pork butt?
I smoke both the shoulder and the butt exactly the same. However there is a difference between the two cuts. Both cuts come from the front of the pig. The shoulder comes from the lower part and the butt is from the upper part. Both are great for pulled pork.
- 1 Pork shoulder or butt (7-9 lbs)
- Pork & Poultry Seasoning Rub
- Preheat smoker to 225.
- Rub entire shoulder or butt with pork and poultry seasoning rub.
- Place meat on the smoke with fat side up.
- Smoke until meat reaches 202.
- Remove from smoker and wrap with foil and allow to rest for 1 hour.
- Shred pork.
- You can serve it as a sandwich, alone, with BBQ, on baked potatoes
Don’t forget to pin!