Sourdough Breadcrumbs are a great way to use leftover sourdough. The breadcrumbs take very little effort and are a wonderful substitute for regular breadcrumbs.
Can sourdough bread be used as breadcrumbs?
Often we find we have left over sourdough or that we are fresh out of breadcrumbs. Sourdough bread can be easily be made into breadcrumbs and make a great substitute for regular breadcrumbs. The sourdough elevates the flavor of your dish.
How long do homemade bread crumbs last?
Homemade sourdough breadcrumbs will last for a month if kept in an airtight container and stored in the refrigerator. They can also be stored in the freezer for 3 months.
How do you know when your bread crumbs have gone bad?
If your breadcrumbs have a sour taste discard them. If they are hard or crusty, they are still good to use.
- 24 oz sourdough boule
- Preheat oven to 250.
- Slice bread in 1/2" slices.
- Place slices on sheet pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until slices are dried. Flip slices after 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Break up slices and put in food processor.
- Blend until crumbs.
- Place in airtight container and store in refrigerator or freezer or use right away.
Don’t forget to pin!