Southwestern Macaroni Salad – Easy, Delicious, and made with no Mayo, this macaroni salad is a hit for bbq’s or just a weeknight dinner.
June! Already! Can you believe it!?! It seems like it was just Christmas and now it’s already summer. But I am so looking forward to summer. No school, time in the yard, and a whole lot of playing with the kids.
But with summer comes the desire to not cook as much, to have easy meals or sides, and bbq’s and picnics. I made this southwestern macaroni salad for a church picnic. I thought it was really yummy! I love the lightness of it and I love that since it has no mayo you don’t have to worry about it getting too hot if it sits outside.
- 1 16 oz Elbow Macaroni
- 1/4 cup olive oil + 1 T
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 15 oz can Corn drained,
- 1 15 oz can Black Beans Drained and Rinsed
- 2 tsp Honey
- 2 tsp Taco Seasoning
- Juice from 1 Lime
- 1 bunch green onions thinly sliced
- Cook macaroni according to directions on package. After draining water add 1 T olive oil, stir, and let cool.
- Add olive oil, salsa, corn beans, honey, taco seasoning, lime juice and green onions to macaroni. Stir well. Refrigerate until serving.
This was a really yummy summer salad. Are you looking for some more summer salad goodness?
What’s your favorite summer salad?