Instant Pot Stew Meat Beef and Broccoli is an easy and quick dinner that won’t heat up your kitchen. It has amazing flavor and your family will love it.
I have been on a mission to find ways to use stew meat for things other than stew. So far I have made Stew Meat Tacos, Stew Meat Beef Stroganoff, and Chile Colorado Burritos. All of these recipes can be made in the instant pot as well.
Stew meat can be tough, but if it’s cooked properly it is delicious and tender. It is also a versatile meat that can be used in almost any beef dish. Just season according to the type of entree you are making.
Stew Meat Beef and Broccoli in the Instant Pot is a great meal for a quick and easy dinner. I love that I can pop this in after work and have dinner pretty quickly. It’s also great for summer time when you don’t want to heat up your kitchen.
If you have accessories that go with your instant pot, you can steam your broccoli in the instant pot and you can cook your rice in it as well. I have a second smaller instant pot that I cook my rice in and steam my broccoli. But both can be cooked on the stovetop as well.
This recipe can easily be made Keto. Serve with cauliflower rice and substitute Monk Fruit Sweetener for the brown sugar.
Looking for more recipes using stew meat? We have you covered.
- 2 lbs stew meat
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar or Monk Fruit Sweetener (for Keto)
- 8 cups broccoli
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp cold water
- Cut the stew meat pieces in half.
- Add olive oil and sesame oil to instant pot. Turn on saute mode.
- Add stew meat and cook until browned.
- Add onion and saute until translucent.
- Add garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add beef broth, soy sauce, and brown sugar.
- Set to cook on manual for 23 minutes.
- While cooking the meat, steam broccoli until tender.
- Allow instant pot to naturally release.
- Once done, add cold water to cornstarch and stir until cornstarch has dissolved. Add dissolved cornstarch to instant pot and turn on to saute mode. Stir until sauce has thickened some.
- Add broccoli.
- Can be served with rice.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 688 Total Fat: 24g Saturated Fat: 8g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 15g Cholesterol: 225mg Sodium: 1272mg Carbohydrates: 42g Fiber: 11g Sugar: 20g Protein: 83g
Don’t forget to pin!