Cute and individual sized Strawberries and Cream Hand Pies.
I love all things strawberry. Seriously, this is one of my favorite times of year, since I can finally find delicious strawberries at the store. And we even have some strawberries growing in our garden- though I rarely get to eat one, since the kiddos like to pick them before they’re ripe! So here’s another strawberry recipe for you: Strawberries and Cream Hand Pies.
Some of you might not be familiar with hand pies. They’re making their way across Pinterest, and they’re basically just individual pies. I love that they’re super cute and they don’t require plates or silverware to eat them!
These Strawberries and Cream Hand Pies are really pretty easy, and they go together just like regular pies.
Roll out your dough and use a cookie cutter to cut out the pies. You can use any cookie cutter (or even just cut out circles), I just wanted hearts. Make sure you end up with an even number of each shape.
Then you’re ready to bake them and eat them!
- 1 1/2 cups chopped strawberries
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 3 oz cream cheese chopped into small cubes
- Pie Crust (Link in directions) or 2 pre-made pie crusts
- Mix together strawberries, sugar, cornstarch and cream cheese. Set aside.
Make pie crust according to pie crust directions.
- Using cookie cutters, cut out an even number of each shape.
- Spoon a small amount of the strawberry mixture onto half of the pie pieces. Lay the other half on top.
- Pinch the edges together, and then use the tines of a fork to crimp the edges.
- Bake at 400º for approximately 20 minutes, or until crust is golden.
- Cool and eat!
For more delicious strawberry recipes, check these out!Strawberry Shortcake Cookies
Simply Delicious Strawberry Cake
Strawberry Pineapple Oatmeal Smoothies
Fresh Strawberry Muffins
Strawberry Lemonade Muffins
Why not join us on Pinterest: Coffee With Us 3 or hangout with us on Facebook:
Forgot to pin?