Strawberry Pineapple Granola Smoothie is a great way to start your day and an easy way to get your essential oils in.
* This post in part of our May Top 5. Check out the rest of the best. *
A while back I was looking for a smoothie recipe to make breakfast fast and easy. I had a hard time finding one I liked. The problem is I don’t like bananas. It seemed every smoothie that sounded good had bananas in it. So I took a couple different recipes and came up with my own. I also needed something that would keep me full till lunch. Here is what I came up with. I make it nearly every morning.
I switched from oatmeal to granola in my smoothies. It gives them a great nutty flavor. I have also been adding essential oils to my smoothie. I pick one according to what my body needs supported that day.
- 1/4 cup oatmeal or granola
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 3 oz milk
- 3 oz pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 Tbsp sugar or honey
- 3 ice cubes
- 2-3 drops of the essential oil of your choosing.
- Put oatmeal in blender and grind until fine.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except essential oil and chop ice (pulse) until completely chopped.
- Then blend for 30 seconds - 1 minute until smooth.
- Pour into a glass, add essential oils and stir.
If you are adding essential oils, it is important that you use a glass or a stainless steel cup. Also use a glass or stainless steel straw.
The oils I most often put in my smoothies are lemon, tangerine, orange, lime and citrus fresh.
Love smoothies and other drink recipes? Check out our drink recipe Pinterest Board:
Follow Coffee With Us 3’s board Drink Recipes on Pinterest.
Don’t forget to pin!