Strawberry Shortcake Cookies are the classic dessert in cookie form!
I am a huge strawberry fan. During my pregnancy with Baby Girl, I was eating at least one of the big packs from Costco each week. I’ve got a problem, I know! I love Strawberry Shortcake, but wanted to try something new, so I dreamed up Strawberry Shortcake Cookies.
These cookies are pretty simple, but they’re delicious! They’re a great treat, and one is plenty filling.
You can start with a box mix for shortbread cookies, or use your favorite recipe. For these ones, I used a Betty Crocker mix, since I had some mixes laying around that I got suckered into buying from a Costco sample (tell me I’m not the only one who gets sold on these things due to the samples).
Cut the cookies using a round cookie cutter or the bottom of a glass, and bake them like normal. Let them cool, and then top half of them with whipped cream and sliced strawberries, and put another cookie on top to make a Strawberry Shortcake Cookie Sandwich!
I’m including two recipes- the first is for Quick Strawberry Shortcake Cookies, and the second is Strawberry Shortcake Cookies from scratch.
- 1 Shortcake Cookie Mix
- 1 Cup Butter
- 2 cups Strawberries
- Whipped Cream or Cool Whip
- Make the shortcake cookies according to the directions. Cut them out in circles using the bottom of a glass or a round cookie cutter, and bake according to directions (for me, this was 400º for approximately 9 minutes).
- Cool on a wire rack.
- While cookies are cooling, slice strawberries.
- Layer strawberries on half of the cookies.
- Top the strawberries with whipped cream, and place the other half of the cookies on the tops.
Looking for another fun way to eat these? Try this 4th of July Star version.
What’s your favorite way to eat strawberries?
Looking for more amazing cookie recipes?
Why not join us on Pinterest: Coffee With Us 3 or hangout with us on Facebook:
Forgot to pin?