Sugar Cookie Ice Cream is a delicious combination of vanilla ice cream and the World’s Best Sugar Cookies. The ice cream softens the cookies just enough for them to be wonderful.
Is Homemade Ice Cream worth the effort?
While it may not be less expensive to make your own ice cream, the flavor is worth every bit of the effort. Also making your own ice cream allows you to experiment with flavors.
What is the best milk to use for making ice cream?
Whole milk will make your ice cream creamier. The higher the butterfat the creamier the ice cream will be. Whole milk has 3 to 4% butterfat. Skim milk has 0.5% butterfat. If you want wonderful creamy ice cream, you will want to use whole milk.
Looking for other ice cream recipes?
- Worlds Best Sugar Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 large eggs
- Make cookies according to directions except bake them a little longer so they are crispy. Allow to cool completely.
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, mix together sugar, salt, milk & cream. Heat until steaming.
- In a medium bowl, lightly beat eggs.
- Once milk mixture is heated, slowly pour 4 cups of the milk mixture into the eggs one cup at a time while whisking. This tempers the eggs and prevents them from scrambling.
- Pour egg mixture back into the remaining milk mixture. Heat on medium high for about 3 minutes or until thickened.
- Pour into ice cream mixture into canister of the ice cream maker. It will only be half full. Place dasher inside and lid on top. Chill in refrigerator until chilled or overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator and freeze according to the ice cream maker directions.
- Put about half of the the cooled sugar cookies to a ziploc bag and smash them into chunks about dime to nickel size pieces.
- When ice cream is just about done, add cookies pieces to ice cream. Finish freezing.
- Place canister in freezer for ice cream to be more solid.
Don’t forget to pin!