A delicious summer stir-fry packed full of summer vegetables.
Do you have any go-to recipes for when you need dinner on the table quickly without a lot of effort? For me, this Summer Stir-Fry is one of my go-to recipes. It’s always a hit with my kids, and they will eat all the veggies, too!
One of my favorite things about this summer stir-fry recipe is the versatility. Don’t have carrots? Use something else. You can mix and match veggies however you like, to suit your taste. Plus, the measurements don’t need to be exact, so just chop, dice and slice however much you feel like.
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 pound chicken breast,, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic,, minced
- 1/2 onion,, chopped
- 3-4 carrots,, sliced
- 3 stalks of celery,, sliced
- 1 summer squash (or zucchini), sliced
- 1 can chicken broth, or 2 cups
- 4 tsp sugar
- 5 Tsp soy sauce
- 4 tsp cornstarch
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add chicken, garlic and onion and stir-fry 3-4 minutes.
- Add 1 1/2 cups chicken broth (set aside the other 1/2 cup), sugar, soy sauce, and veggies. Cover and cook about 5-10 minutes, stirring several times, until chicken is cooked through.
- Stir together cornstarch and 1/2 cup chicken broth. Add to the skillet and stir while cooking until the sauce thickens.
- Serve over rice, noodles, or quinoa.
Feel free to throw in whatever vegetables you have on hand, or whatever is growing in your garden. Fresh peppers add a delicious pop. Mushrooms are yummy. Broccoli or cauliflower add extra texture and flavor. The great thing about this summer stir-fry is that you almost can’t mess it up!
What are your favorite summer vegetables?
Looking for more weeknight dinners?? Try these!
‘); // ]]>
Why not join us on Pinterest: Coffee With Us 3 or hangout with us on Facebook: