Does your family love pizza & pasta? Why not put them together and try this Supreme Pizza Pasta?!
This is one of our favorite weekend night dinners around here and better yet it often using up leftover ingredients, I have in my fridge or pantry from other meals I’ve made.
I call it Pizza Pasta since it has all the pizza toppings I love in it. And I change up exactly what I put in it, depending on what I have in my fridge and who is eating with us.
Also I like to keep the cheese on this light so it’s much lighter than pizza but if you just love mozzarella then add it at the end instead of parmesan cheese.
- 1 package rotini pasta, or other pasta
- 1-2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 large bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 pound Italian Sausage
- 2 ounces pepperoni, about 25 pieces
- 2 cans Italian style diced tomatoes
- 1 small can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons pizza seasoning
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 can olives, chopped
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, place olive oil, bell pepper, & onion in large skillet. Saute until vegetable are soft. Add Italian Sausage and cook until meat is done.
- Add pepperoni, tomatoes, tomato sauce and pizza seasoning and cook about 5-10 minutes until warm and flavored are well mixed.
- Drain pasta and add to sauce.
- Top with parmesan cheese & olives and serve.
You can easily add mushrooms or other pizza toppings you like or top with mozzarella cheese before serving.
What’s your favorite weeknight dinner that not only you love but your kids love as well?