Sweet Potato Waffles are a great twist on plain ole waffles. They have great flavor with the nutmeg, cinnamon, and ground cloves.
I was first introduced to Sweet Potato Waffles by the Granola Girl before she was granola. I didn’t think I would like them because I didn’t like sweet potatoes. But I wanted to be nice and eat what I was served. I ended up loving them. I asked her how she made them and she had used a mix. I started buying the mix. But after moving out of Texas, I’ve had a hard time finding it except on Amazon. I ran out of the last bag of mix that I had and happened upon a recipe for them.
So I decided to make it myself. And since I have never read the list of ingredients on the mix, there might be preservatives in it. Homemade is always better, right? 🙂 The homemade version was much better tasting anyway.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes or yams.
- Peel and cube sweet potatoes.
- Add potatoes to medium sauce pan and add enough water to cover the potatoes by about an inch.
- Boil until potatoes are tender.
- Drain. Puree the potatoes in a food processor.
- You can freeze what you do not need. You will need 1/2 cup for the recipe above.
Don’t forget to pin!