Taco Bowl with Creamy Chipotle Dressing is a southwestern salad. Great flavor with a little bit of spice. It is an easy and quick dinner.
I have been trying out some new recipes lately. I have come across some great ones. With working and watching Little Thing, I don’t always have as much time as I want to cook. So I have been looking for some easier and faster recipes. This Taco Bowl with Creamy Chipotle Dressing was a great one. The dressing was a little hot for me, but The Hardworking Husband really liked it. So if you like spicy, you will really like it. If you are a wimp like me, you will want to tame it down or replace it with a different dressing. I think I am going to make extra of the dressing and keep it on hand for him. I’m sure he will like it on other things too.
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 1/2 lb ground beef
- 3 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, rough chopped
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Cook rice according to package directions. Once cooked stir in salsa. Set aside.
- Brown ground beef. Add taco seasoning and water. Cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl mix ingredients for dressing together. Set aside.
- Divide rice into 6 bowls. Divide lettuce into the bowls. Top lettuce with taco meat, corn, black beans, tomatoes and avocado. Drizzle with dressing.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Don’t forget to pin!