A fabulous favorite dinner recipe, The Easiest Lasagna Ever makes a time-consuming meal into an easy one!
I love lasagna and all things Italian. However, my husband isn’t fond of noodles in general. Because of this, I don’t really want to put forth a ton of effort cooking lasagna that he doesn’t really eat (fortunately, the kiddos are starting to consume more, so I don’t have to eat an entire pan on my own!). In the first couple of years of marriage, I came up with this recipe, which is the easiest lasagna ever, but still delicious.
This recipe for the easiest lasagna ever uses a can of spaghetti sauce instead of making your own sauce. It also doesn’t require that the noodles be cooked first. Just throw them in the pan dry, and they’ll come out perfect!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 can or jar spaghetti sauce
- 14.5 oz. diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. basil
- 16 oz. ricotta or cottage cheese
- 3 1/4 cups mozzarella
- 10-12 lasagna noodles
- Brown beef with onion and garlic. Drain, and return to pan. Add spaghetti sauce, diced tomatoes, and water. Mix well. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine oregano, basil, cottage cheese and 3 cups of the mozzarella (keep the extra 1/4 cup for later). Mix well.
- In a 9×13 pan, layer: 1 1/2 cups beef & sauce mixture, 1/2 the noodles, 1/2 the cheese mixture.
- Repeat, then top with the remaining beef & sauce mixture.
- Cover and bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour 10 minutes.
- Uncover, top with the remaining 1/4 cup cheese, and bake another 5 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:6 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 433Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 85mgSodium: 461mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 31g
Need more Kid Friendly Recipes?
Follow Coffee With Us 3’s board Kid Friendly Weeknight Dinners on Pinterest.
And even more!
‘); // ]]>