Thick & hearty, this Turkey Macaroni Vegetable Soup is a delicious family dinner.
We don’t do a lot of soup around my house. Mainly, because it’s not really a favorite of my husband or kids. I love soup though, so I have to squeeze it into the menu some times. So when we do soup, I try to keep it chocked full of yummy ingredients & very hearty.
This soup is similar to Kerry’s Hamburger Vegetable Soup which is a favorite around my house. However, I used ground turkey in this one to lighten it up and it’s what I had on hand. You could use ground beef, chicken, or venison if you prefer.
I made this soup when I had a friend and her kids over for lunch one day and both kids and adults liked it. This was the same day I made my Cinnamon Peach Streusel Cookies, so it was nice to get the soup going and not have to worry about it.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 15oz can chicken broth
- 1 16oz bag frozen mixed vegetable
- 1 16oz can Italian Style Tomatoes
- 1 15oz can pinto beans, or great northern beans
- 1 15 oz can kidney beans
- 1 tbsp dried Oregano
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste, be generous
- 4 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups dry macaroni
- Place olive oil in bottom of a large dutch oven or pot and saute until tender and translucent.
- Add turkey and brown.
- Add remaining ingredients except for the macaroni. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to a low simmer. Cook for about 30.
- Add pasta. Cover and simmer for about 8 - 15 minutes or until pasta is at desired tenderness.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:12 people
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 344Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 81mgSodium: 452mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 7gSugar: 4gProtein: 27g
The nutritional information provided here is not guaranteed to be accurate and is provided for informational (and google) purposes only.
This soup makes a lot so it’s perfect for having friends or family over or it is perfect to make at the start of the week and have for leftover lunches.
Looking for more amazing and hearty soups?
Don’t forget to pin!