World’s Best Sugar Cookies are easy sugar cookies that are simply delicious. They are wonderful with frosting or with just sugar sprinkled over them.
I seem to be bragging lately or being arrogant about my food. I’ve called my BBQ pork ribs “World’s Best” and now I’m calling my sugar cookies the same. I did dub the ribs “World’s Best.”
However, this sugar cookie recipe has been passed down in our family and somewhere along the way it was given the name “World’s Best Sugar Cookies.” These cookies are pretty good. And while I haven’t tried every kind, I do like these the best.
Should Sugar Cookies Be Soft?
Sugar cookies can be crisp or soft. You can make them to your liking. If you would like crisp, crunchy cookies, bake them just a little bit longer. If you would soft cookies, bake them until they are set on the edges. They will be very slightly brown on the edges.
How thick should Sugar Cookies Be?
Ideally they should be 1/4″ thick. However, you can make them as thick or as thin as you’d like. You will just need to adjust baking times for them.
Looking for more great cookie recipes?
Now onto the recipe.
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 2 lightly beaten eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 5 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla (leave out if you want white icing.)
- food coloring
- Cream together powdered sugar, butter, sugar.
- Mix in oil, eggs, and vanilla.
- Add flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt.
- Chill dough for an hour in the refrigerator.
- Dough can be rolled out and cut with cookie cutters or rolled into small balls and pressed down to flatten to about 1/4 of an inch thick.
- Bake at 350 for 10 - 12 minutes.
- After baked you can either sprinkle with sugar or cool and ice.
- In mixer with whisk attachment, mix powdered sugar, milk & vanilla.
- Add food coloring to achieve the color you want.
- Add powdered sugar or milk to achieve the consistency you are looking for.
I drizzled chocolate sauce on mine. Head over here to get the recipe for the chocolate sauce. So good!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 321Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 145mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 1gSugar: 17gProtein: 3g
Don’t forget to pin it.