Welcome to day 3 of Lucy and my quick bread mini-series! It’s so funny, because we didn’t even mean to put together 3 posts on quick breads, and didn’t realize it until they were all ready to go! If you missed the others, check out my Greek Yogurt Banana Bread and Lucy’s Lemon Berry Greek Yogurt Bread, along with today’s Orange Cranberry Bread.
This recipe for Orange Cranberry Bread is one that I learned when I took 4-H cooking one year. I have no idea where the recipe came from, but I liked it, so I continued making it. I love the combination of oranges, cranberries, and pecans, and I love that this bread satisfies my sweet cravings, without being too sweet.
- 1 Cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 Cup pecans
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp. Oil
- 3/4 Cup Orange Juice
- 2 Cups Flour
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- Grated orange peel from one orange
- Grease an 8x4x2" loaf pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coarsely chop cranberries and walnuts and set aside.
- Beat egg in a small bowl, then stir in oil and orange juice.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Add orange juice mixture and stir until just moistened.
- Fold in nuts and cranberries.
- Dump mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake 50-60 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out and cool completely before storing.
Why not join us on Pinterest: Coffee With Us 3 or hangout with us on Facebook:
Check out our Link Parties.