Greek yogurt banana bread is a delicious quick bread recipe!
My kids love bananas, but oftentimes I buy more than we actually eat. It seems like either we have way too many, or we run out and I have to run to the store again! So when bananas go bad, I simply pull off the peel and throw the banana in a freezer bag in the freezer, and when I get enough I make Greek Yogurt Banana Bread!
For Greek Yogurt Banana Bread, I’ve just taken a basic banana bread recipe (this one from Betty Crocker), and tweaked the ingredients a bit to use Greek yogurt. I hope you like it!
And if you love the idea of using Greek yogurt in your bread recipes, then you’ll definitely want to come back tomorrow when Lucy shares her recipe for Lemon Berry Greek Yogurt Bread.
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 large very ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts (pecans, walnuts, or whatever you like)
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips, if desired
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x5 loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together butter and sugar, then add eggs and mix well.
- Stir in bananas, yogurt and vanilla.
- Then add flour, salt, and soda.
- Add nuts, if desired.
- Pour into loaf pan and back about 1 hour 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack for about 10 minutes, then loosen the sides of the loaf and remove from pan. Continue cooling before slicing.
Do you like your Greek Yogurt Banana Bread with nuts or without? If you like nuts, what kind?
Follow us on Pinterest at Coffee With Us 3
Check out our Link Parties.
and Foody Schmoody
Forgot to pin?