Green Chile Penne is a yummy & easy family dinner. It’s great for a fast weeknight dinner.
We eat a lot of pasta at our house. I mean a lot of pasta! And a lot of the pasta we eat is what I call “homemade hamburger helper.” Basically, I like to combine hamburger and pasta and whatever other flavors we have on hand or that sound good to me.
This green chile penne was one of those creations and it turned out so well that I just had to share the recipe with you. The whole family loved it and it was mild enough for my kids but had enough flavor for the grownups as well.
- 1 lb penne
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 can pinto beans, drained
- 4 oz green chiles
- 1 can diced tomatoes, Mexican style
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile brown hamburger and drain excess grease.
- Add beans, chiles, & tomatoes to meat in pan and heat until warm.
- Drain pasta, add meat mixture, and mix.
- Sprinkle with cheese & serve.
Does your family love pasta too? If so, what your favorite?
Don’t forget to pin!