Sweet and summery Lemon Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches are a fun treat! Lemon curd ice cream sandwiched between two delicious lemon cookies!
Check out the new pictures for this post and enjoy some amazing Lemon Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches!
At a recent family gathering, my sister offered to bring dessert. She had been checking out this recipe, and wanted to try it on us. She made it and offered me the recipe (plus the chance to photograph her delicious dessert) for our blog, and of course I couldn’t resist!
These lemon cookie ice cream sandwiches were so delicious! The lemon cookies would have been a treat by themselves. And I was surprisingly fond of the lemon ice cream as well. But put them together, and it was absolutely delicious!
You can easily make your own lemon curd for this recipe. Get the directions for homemade lemon curd here.
I was also surprised by how filling these were. I didn’t expect a 9×9 pan to go that far, but we ended up cutting them smaller than we originally made them, because no one could finish them! I think you could easily get 16 servings out of the pan, but maybe you like your dessert more than we do, so I’m putting it at 12 servings. Enjoy!
- 1 C butter
- 1 1/2 C sugar
- 4 Tbsp finely shredded lemon peel,, divided
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 C flour
- 1 3/4 qt vanilla ice cream
- 1 C lemon curd
- Preheat oven to 350º and line two 9x9 pans with tin foil.
- In a large bowl, beat butter for 30 seconds on medium using an electric hand mixer. Add sugar, 2 Tbsp. lemon peel, soda, cream of tartar and salt. Beat until mixed well. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Beat in flour until you can't add anymore with the electric mixer. Stir the rest in by hand.
- Wet fingers, and press half of mixture into each pan. Bake 12 minutes. Immediately remove from pan using the foil, and cool on a wire rack.
- Soften ice cream. Stir lemon curd and 2 Tbsp. lemon peel into the ice cream.
- Line one 9x9 pan with saran wrap. Place one lemon cookie square in the pan. Spread ice cream over the cookie and top with the other cookie.
- Cover and freeze for 4 hours. While frozen, cut into squares and serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Looking for more cool and refreshing desserts?
Don’t forget to pin!