Orange Chocolate Chip Bread – Orange & Chocolate combine for a flavorful & delicious quick bread.
I originally make this bread to take to my and Jamie’s MOPS (Mother of Preschoolers) group and it smelled so good while it was baking that I joked with Jamie that the ladies at MOPS didn’t really need the bread!
I sneaked a few bites while I taking pictures and I was even more convinced that maybe the whole loaf should just stay at my house. But of course, I wasn’t going to be that selfish! And then the next morning came and I ran off to MOPS and COMPLETELY FORGOT the orange chocolate chip bread on the counter. And since MOPS is a half-hour away from my house, I ended up bringing donut holes & muffins from the store!!
So my MOPS ladies can not vouch for how good this bread is but let me tell you it’s delicious!! And don’t worry I didn’t eat the entire loaf by myself, I did share with my kids and my mom!
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 3/4 Cup Orange Juice
- 2 Cups Flour
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Grated orange peel from one orange
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Grease an 8x4x2" loaf pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat egg in a small bowl, then stir in oil and orange juice.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Add orange juice mixture and stir until just moistened.
- Fold in orange peel and chocolate chips.
- Dump mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake 50-60 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out and cool completely before storing.
I just love making quick breads and I’m sure this one will become a regular in our house!
Looking for more quick bread recipes?