Rocky Road Monkey Bread is a delicious variation of the original monkey bread. Chocolate, marshmallows, and nuts that this recipe over the top.
What is monkey bread made of?
Monkey bread is made of balls of dough that are often rolled in cinnamon & sugar depending on the variation. A butter & sugar mixture is poured over the dough balls. Then baked to deliciousness.
What is in Rocky Road?
Rocky Road is chocolate, marshmallows and nuts. While Rocky Road originally had walnuts in it, you can use your favorite nut. Store bought rocky road ice cream often has almonds in it.
Does Monkey Bread having to be made in a bundt pan?
While most monkey breads that you’ll see is made in a bundt pan, it doesn’t have to be. It can be made in a cake pan, a loaf pan, a muffin pan, or whatever you’d like. Just make sure it’s spread evenly across the pan so that it will cook evenly.
- 3 1/2 cups DIY Bisquick mix or bisquick
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans or your favorite nuts
- 1 cup plus 40 mini marshmallows
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350
- Spray bundt pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix together all the dough ingredients.
- Spread a little bisquick on the counter and gently knead the dough until it isn't sticky any longer.
- Roll about 40 small balls of dough. (They will be smaller than you think they should be. They will get bigger when baking.)
- Flatten each ball and wrap around a mini marshmallow.
- Sprinkle 1 cup marshmallows and 1/4 cup chopped pecans in bottom of bundt pan.
- In a medium bowl combine sugar, cocoa powder and cinnamon.
- Add dough balls to the sugar mixture. Toss to coat.
- Once all have been rolled, add 3/4 cup chopped pecans and chocolate chips to sugar mixture. Toss to combine.
- Pour all of it into the bundt pan.
- In a small sauce pan, melt 1/2 cup butter and brown sugar. Bring to a boil for 1 minutes. Pour over ingredients in the bundt pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes
- Place a plate over the bottom of the bundt pan and flip to remove. It make take a minute for it to drop.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 456Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 60mgCarbohydrates: 65gFiber: 2gSugar: 56gProtein: 3g
The nutritional information provided here is not guaranteed to be accurate and is provided for informational (and google) purposes only.
Don’t forget to pin!