I made this Bacon Cheddar Breakfast Pie for the family tonight, and it was a huge hit, so I decided to share it with you. Obviously it’s called Breakfast Pie, so you could eat it for breakfast, but I also love having breakfast for dinner, which you’ll know if you’ve read my Chocolate Chip Waffles post. I was wanting quiche for dinner, but I had waited a bit too late to get a crust made and allow it to bake for 45 minutes, so I decided to change things up and get dinner ready in about a total of 45 minutes instead.
This recipe is made with Bisquick instead of making a pie crust, in order to save time. If you don’t have Bisquick on hand, you can use Kerry’s recipe for Homemade Bisquick mix.
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup onion
- 1/2 cup Bisquick
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- dash of pepper
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place bacon on paper towels on a plate, placing paper towels in between layers of bacon and covering with one last paper towel. Microwave approximately 5 minutes, or until desired crispiness.
- While bacon is cooking, grease a pie plate and chop onion and green pepper.
- Spread cheese in the greased pie plate. Sprinkle onion and green pepper over it.
- Once bacon is done cooking and has cooled for a couple minutes, chop the bacon and sprinkle it in pie plate.
- In a medium bowl, mix the remaining ingredients until blended. Pour the wet mixture over the rest of the ingredients in the pie plate.
- Bake 35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center of the pie comes out clean.
- Let the pie sit for several minutes before cutting it.
I was kind of worried while making this that the kids wouldn’t like it. I just never know when I’m making something new. My kids are usually good eaters, but on occasion they decide they don’t like it, and nothing will change their mind. But I’m glad to say that both of the kids gobbled up their Bacon Cheddar Breakfast Pie, and Little Man even had seconds!
What’s your favorite breakfast food?
Why not join us on Pinterest: Coffee With Us 3 or hangout with us on Facebook:
Check out our Link Parties.
Linking up to Weekend Potluck.
Forgot to pin?