Bisquick Blackberry Monkey Bread is a delicious monkey bread that uses real food. No more canned biscuits. The blackberries add another level of flavor.
If you’ve been a reader very long, you know that I like to make things from scratch. I like to know what is in my food. I want less preservatives and chemicals and more real food.
Many of the Monkey Bread recipes have you use canned biscuits. I’m not a huge fan of canned biscuits. And I don’t know what is in those biscuits. So I decided to make those dough balls out of DIY bisquick. I know what is in that because I made it. I keep a canister with DIY bisquick in for whenever I need it.
As I developed this recipe, I was afraid it was going to be hard. While it does take a little more time than cutting canned biscuits in quarters, it did not take a ton of time and was fairly easy. Once you have your dough balls rolls (which isn’t hard at all) this recipe assembles very quickly.
This Bisquick Blackberry Monkey Bread recipe does use blackberry jam. You can choose to buy the blackberry jam or you can make your own. Lucy has a great recipe for Thirty-Second Blackberry Jam. Her recipe has 2 ingredients and both are real food. This recipe can be completely from scratch or you can buy your bisquick and jam and it be a little less from scratch.
- 3 1/2 cups DIY bisquick mix or bisquick
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 Tbsp softened butter (almost melted)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup frozen blackberries
- 1/2 cup blackberry jam
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Coat a bundt pan with cooking spray
- In a medium bowl, mix together all the dough ingredients.
- Spread a little bisquick on the counter and gently knead the dough until it isn't sticky any longer.
- Roll about 40 small balls of dough.
- In a small bowl combine 1/3 cup sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon. Roll dough balls in cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Place a third (about 13) balls in the bundt pan.
- Sprinkle half of the blackberries over the dough balls.
- Heat the jam in the microwave and drizzle half of it over the blackberries and dough balls.
- Repeat the layers.
- Top with the remaining dough balls.
- In a small pan, melt butter with sugar. Once sugar has dissolved pour over the top of the dough balls in the bundt pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- Invert pan on plate.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 397Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 670mgCarbohydrates: 56gFiber: 2gSugar: 28gProtein: 4g
Don’t forget to pin!