Delicious Blueberry Crisp like your Mama used to make!
My mother-in-law gave me some blueberries the other day. And I swear, since having kids I am so forgetful, so today I remembered those poor blueberries. I knew I needed to do something with them quick, but I didn’t have the time for something elaborate, so I went with a tried and true, easy recipe: Blueberry Crisp.
I love that Blueberry Crisp comes together really quickly, but still tastes like a dessert that took time. And I love how delicious it is with melted ice cream on top. Yum!
It was a beautiful day, so I decided to set up to take pictures outside with the hot Blueberry Crisp. As I was taking the pictures, it started getting darker. And suddenly I was getting rained on. So I apologize for how dark the pictures are. Who knew a storm would blow in so fast!
- 1/2 Tbsp butter
- 4 cups blueberries (if using frozen thaw first and then drain before using)
- 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place 1/2 Tbsp. of butter in an 8x8 pan and put in the oven while it's preheating for about 2 minutes, until butter is melted. Using a hot pad, tilt pan to distribute butter all over the bottom of the pan.
- Put the blueberries in the buttered pan.
In a bowl, mix together brown sugar, oats, flour, and cinnamon. Cut butter into the oat mixture. Drop mixture evenly over the blueberries.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until oat topping is golden.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped cream!
What is your favorite dessert recipe? Do you like blueberries?
Don’t forget to pin!