|Cake Mix Birthday Blondies|
So I wasn’t going to make my daughter a birthday cake this year, because it was also the day of her preschool graduation and they were having punch and cookies afterwards. And we weren’t going to have a regular birthday party, since she and I were going out by ourselves on the following Sunday to celebrate.
|My little preschool graduate.|
Isn’t she so adorable?
- 1 pkg White Cake Mix
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
- Chocolate Syrup
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and spray a 9 x 13 in baking pan with non-stick spray.
- In a medium bowl combine first 4 ingredients.
- Beat until well combined. You will want to use an electric mixer since this batter is thick!
- Add Chocolate Chips and mix by hand.
- Spread the mixture into the pan.
- This will take some time (& muscles) since the batter is thick.
- Bake for 25-30 until edges start to pull away from pan.
- Let cool for at least 10 minutes before slicing.
- Add Chocolate Syrup and Sprinkles to cut bars for an extra special (and easy) birthday treat.
Try it with Kerry’s Homemade Chocolate Syrup Recipe.
|The Birthday Girl enjoying her chocolate chip bar|
These blondies were quick and simple and Kae loved them as did all of my other children. Which is what matters, right?
|Chocolate Chip Blondies from a Cake Mix|
Follow us on Pinterest: Coffee With Us 3
Don’t forget to pin!