Have you heard of the 2 ingredient ice cream bread sensation? I’ve seen recipes flying around Pinterest, people talking about it on websites and radio shows. If you haven’t heard of it, basically you combine ice cream and self-rising flour and boom you have bread.
So I begin to wonder if you could do the same thing with cupcakes. What would happen if you combined ice cream and a cake mix. Well when Love Bakes Good Cakes decided to celebrate her second blogiversary with a cupcake party, I knew now was my chance. And guess what, they turned out great! It took me awhile to decide how to frost them. Really they were great without frosting and I didn’t want to make them heavier. And then it hit me. I’d top them like an ice cream sundae with whip cream, caramel topping, and sprinkles!
So in honor of Love Bakes Good Cakes, which is a fabulous blog full of tasty recipes and beautiful pictures, here are the very fun and easy Chocolate Ice Cream Sundae Cupcakes.
- 2 1/2 cups chocolate melted Ice Cream
- 1 chocolate cake mix
- Whipped Topping
- Caramel Topping or Hot Fudge Sauce
- Sprinkles, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place cupcake liners in cupcake pan.
- Place melted ice cream and cake mix is mixing bowl and mix with electric hand mixer or whisk by hand.
- Fill cupcake 1/2 to 2/3 full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Let cool in pan for a few minutes then remove and cool completely on wire rack.
- Top with whipped topping, caramel, or other toppings of your choice.
Hope you enjoy! And now on to the cupcake party!
‘); // ]]>Linking up to Weekend Potluck.
Need more delicious cake ideas? Check out these recipes!