My kids and I are super excited about the new Peanuts movie that comes out on November 6th! I love that they get to experience something that I loved as a kid. And with every preview that comes on tv, they get more and more excited. So we decided to throw a Peanuts Popcorn Tasting Party!
Well, we aren’t the only ones that are excited. Albertsons is as well. They have these great Peanuts movie trick or treat bags that are free when you purchase three participating items (while supplies last & see your local store for details). And they’re also have a sweepstakes going for a trip to Snoopy’s home or a Peanuts themed Xbox and Game. It ends October 31st, so be sure to enter today. While you’re at Albertsons getting your trick or treat bag, you can pick up the ingredients for these fun The Peanuts Movie inspired Popcorn Snacks and they use some of the brands participating in all the fun! I decided to make popcorn snacks for some of my favorite Peanuts characters to get my kids even more excited about the movie! Of course, we had to do Charlie Brown and Snoopy. And I’ve always been partial to Lucy, I’m sure because of her fabulous name. And I wanted to do Peppermint Patty as well because I just couldn’t pass up the opportunity to make peppermint popcorn!
- 1/2 cup unpopped Pop Secret popcorn kernels
- Almond Bark
- Food Coloring
- 1 Nestle Crunch Bar
- Peppermint Sticks, crushed, optional
- canola or vegetable oil, as needed
- Pop your popcorn in an air popper or on the stove.
- Melt Almond Bark in double boiler or microwave. I did one brick at a time, so it wouldn't clump and I would be able to add different food coloring to each one.
- Add desired food coloring and a drop or two of oil if it begins to clump.
- Spread popcorn out on wax paper. Divide popcorn into desired amount of different popcorn flavors.
- Pour chocolate over popcorn and stir to coat.
- Let sit until hard.
Charlie Brown - Almond Bark with Yellow Food Coloring.
Snoopy - Almond Bark & then Melted Crunch Bar drizzled over.
Lucy - Almond Bark with Blue Food Coloring
Peppermint Patty - Almond Bark with Crushed Peppermint Stick.
After the popcorn had set, we put them in sturdy cupcake liners that we had decorated with construction paper to fit each character. I thought they turned out so cute! Are you planning on seeing The Peanuts Movie with your kids? And have you gotten your trick or treat bag from your local Albertsons or Safeway yet?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Albertsons Safeway. The opinions and text are all mine.