This delicious Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Fiesta Soup is easy and the whole family will love it!
This has been a crazy year for my family. We moved at the beginning of the year, complete with painting 2 houses, and cleaning the both up, redoing wood floors, and more. And now, we’re in the midst of moving again! So this year has been a year full of easy meals, and a lot of them in the slow cooker.
Today I was painting the new house, and knew I wouldn’t have a chance to make a decent dinner, so I threw ingredients in the slow cooker before we left. It was a new, made up recipe, and I was so pleased with how it turned out, that I had to share it with you!
This Creamy Chicken Fiesta Soup recipe also comes with rave reviews from my kids. My kids seem to usually hate soups. There are a few exceptions, but for the most part soup isn’t their favorite. And yet, all 3 of them finished this soup in record time, and even asked for more!
- 3 Chicken Breasts
- 2 Tbsp Taco Seasoning
- 2 cups Chicken Broth or 1 can
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup Salsa
- 1 can Black Beans
- 1 cup frozen Corn or 1 can
- 8 oz package Cream Cheese
- Shredded Cheese to garnish if desired
- Place chicken breasts in a 5 qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle with taco seasoning. Add chicken broth, water, salsa, and beans. Cover and cook for 8 hours on low.
- About 1 hour before serving, use 2 forks to shred chicken. Add corn and cubed cream cheese.
- Before serving, stir well to mix cream cheese in. Serve garnished with shredded cheese.
If you need a recipe for Taco Seasoning to go in this Creamy Chicken Fiesta Soup, check out this recipe Kerry made!
Do you have a favorite soup recipe?
Don’t forget to pin!