Stones Rolled Away are a fun Easter themed candy! Making them will be a tradition you’ll enjoy year after year!
When it comes to Easter, we think it’s a pretty important holiday.
While we absolutely love Christmas and all the fun traditions, Christmas would just be the birth of a baby boy, without the future promise of His dying for our sins, and then being raised from the dead. That’s part of why we’re making Easter a big deal.
We love celebrating with faith-filled Easter ideas, and we wanted to add a faith-based Easter candy to our tradition. These “Stones Rolled Away” candies do the trick.
Stones Rolled Away are a peanut butter candy dipped in chocolate, that’s then rolled in crushed Oreos and pretzels, making the candies look like stones. They’re so easy to make, and they’re a great sweet treat!
If you’re looking for more Easter inspiration, you’ll love these posts!
Celebrate Easter with this fun & free Printable Easter Bingo game! Perfect for Sunday School, parties, or just at home with your children.
Make this adorable Pom Pom Sheep Garland to decorate for Easter!
Cascarones or Confetti eggs have been a part of our Easter festivities for many years. We love making them, decorating them, & of course cracking them on each others heads. Learn how to make cascarones for yourself. It’s easy & so fun!
Resurrection Rolls are a fun, delicious Easter activity that my kids ask to make year after year. Symbolizing the empty tomb, these sweet treats are exciting for kids to make!
- 10 chocolate sandwich cookies
- 1/2 c. pretzels
- 1 c. peanut butter
- 1 c. butter, softened
- 5 c. powdered sugar
- 12 oz dipping chocolate
- 1 tsp. shortening (if desired)
- In a stand mixer, mix together peanut butter and butter.
- Add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time, mixing after each addition.
- Roll into balls (I used a cookie scoop to make them all the same size), and place on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet. Stick a toothpick into each one.
- Refrigerate at least 20 minutes.
- While waiting for the peanut butter balls to harden, put sandwich cookies and pretzels in a blender or food processor.
- Pulse several times, and then blend until a fine texture is achieved. Set aside.
- Put chocolate in a medium bowl and microwave 60 seconds. Stir. Microwave in 15 second intervals until chocolate is fully melted and smooth. Add shortening if desired, to make it smoother.
- Remove peanut butter balls from refrigerator. Dip into chocolate, letting excess drip off.
- Immediately roll in sandwich cookie/ pretzel mix, and return to the cookie sheet. You'll want to work quickly on this step.
- Return the chocolate to the microwave if it starts to set up too much before you finish.
- Allow to set up completely (15-20 minutes) and serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Linking up to Weekend Potluck.
Don’t forget to pin!