Taco Potatoes are a delicious meal that is super easy to prepare. The creaminess of a baked potato mixed with the flavors of a taco.
I have mentioned before that Jamie, Lucy and I live in Idaho. And everyone knows Idaho is famous for potatoes. The Hardworking Husband and I are given a lot of potatoes. And I don’t think we are the exception. I think most people in our area are given a lot of potatoes. And if you don’t have enough potatoes, you can go glean the fields for more. Lots of potatoes are left in the field after harvest. They generally are smaller but they are still good potatoes.
I also grew potatoes this year. But because of the weed fest that happened out there, not too many grew and they are small. I will use those for dishes like my Cabbage & Sausage Skillet. The potatoes we were give were big. Bigger than most people outside of Idaho get in the store. They make for great bakers. But after a while a baked potato with butter and sour cream or cheese gets old. I am so grateful for the generosity of others in giving us the potatoes and don’t want to waste them. I have come up with a few different ways to serve these baked potatoes. I’m sharing with you one of those ways – Taco Potatoes
- 1 potato person
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 Tbsp homemade taco seasoning or 1 pkg store bought taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup water
- any of the following ingredients
- refried beans
- sour cream
- Wash potatoes and prick with a fork. Baked at 450 for 1 hour or until done.
- While potatoes are baking, brown ground beef. Once browned add taco seasoning and water. Cook until seasoning is well mixed in and water is gone.
- Cut potatoes open and add butter. Mix the inside of the potato and butter together. Top with taco meat and your favorite taco toppings. Enjoy.
Looking for more easy dinners?
‘); // ]]>
Don’t forget to pin!