After Jamie made her Strawberry & Cream Hand Pies, I really wanted to try another flavor of hand pies. I love blueberries and I love that they are a fruit that you can use fresh or frozen ones and either way, it turns out great.
But I didn’t just want to make regular ole’ blueberry hand pies, so I thought I’d try making adding banana to it. I have made blueberry banana bread before and loved it so I thought why not try it? I thought these turned out great and the banana wasn’t overpowering it at all. It was a nice compliment to the blueberries. However if you don’t like bananas, you could easily leave them out and they would still taste fantastic.
- 1 cup blueberries if frozen allow to thaw
- 1 large banana mashed
- 2 Tbsp . sugar
- 1 Tbsp . cornstarch
- Pie Crust homemade or refrigerated store bought crusts
- Mix together blueberries, sugar, cornstarch and banana. Set aside.
- Make pie crust according to pie crust directions or thaw store bought crust.
Using cookie cutters, cut out an even number of each shape (generally 12).
- Spoon a small amount of the blueberry mixture onto half of the pie pieces. Lay the other half on top.
- Pinch the edges together, and then use the tines of a fork to crimp the edges.
- Bake at 400º for approximately 20 minutes, or until crust is golden.
- Cool and eat!
For detailed directions on making hand pies, be sure to check out Jamie's Strawberry Hand Pies.
These are actually a lot easier to make then I expected and really don’t take very long at all. If you use homemade crust, they take a bit longer but I always think homemade crust is worth the little bit of extra time.
Do you love blueberries too? Looking for more blueberry recipes, try these out!
What your favorite thing with blueberries?
Why not join us on Pinterest: Coffee With Us 3 or hangout with us on Facebook: