Berry Fruit Topping is a versatile topping for angel food cake, cheesecake, pancakes, and so many other kinds of cake. The mint, honey, and lime juice to take the flavor over the top.
Asparagus season is followed by berry season. I love asparagus season. I also love berry season. Strawberry jam, Blueberry Pie, Berry Crumb Pie, Strawberry Donuts, Strawberry Upside Down Cake and so many others. I believe Jamie joins me in my love for berries. She has made a majority of our recipes that contain strawberries.
I decided to add another berry recipe to our collection. This recipe will take your non berry dessert and make it perfect for berry season.
Berry Fruit Topping goes perfectly with so many other desserts – cake, cheesecake, brownies, angel food cake, and more. And not is it only perfect on desserts, it’s perfect on pancakes, crepes, and waffles as well.
This berry topping isn’t your everyday topping. The flavor is taken up a notch with mint, honey and lime juice. The lime gives it a little tang and the honey gives it the sweetness you want. The mint gives it a little extra freshness.
- 1 lb fresh strawberries, washed and quartered
- 1 pint fresh blueberries, washed and stems removed
- 1 pint fresh raspberries, washed
- 1 Tbsp fresh mint, minced
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 Tbsp fresh mint, minced
- Mix all fruit and mint together in medium bowl.
- Mix honey and lime juice together until well blended
- Mix in minced mint.
- Pour sauce over fruit and mix until well coated.
- Enjoy over your favorite dessert, pancakes, or anything you can think of.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Don’t forget to pin!