I love to mix it up when it comes to salads. I love to try different fruit and veggie combinations. And the combinations in this Fruity Green Salad with Honey Vinaigrette was too good not to share with you all!
It starts with a delicious bed of chopped romaine and spinach. Then we add chopped apples, sliced strawberries, and dried cranberries. I like a little extra texture, so pecans or another nut is a must!
And I love a good vinaigrette, but so many of them have a lot of refined sugar, so this time I thought I’d try making a honey vinaigrette to go on the fruity green salad. It took a couple of attempts, but I finally found that by putting the ingredients in the blender, I was able to get the results I wanted.
- 1 head Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 5 oz package of spinach
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 3 apples chopped
- 3/4 C dried cranberries or raisins
- 1 C strawberries, sliced
- 1 C pecans
- Toss together ingredients in a large bowl.
- Serve with your favorite dressing or see below for Honey Vinaigrette.
- 1 C Oil
- 1/2 C Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 C Honey
- Put all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend for about one minute, until ingredients are well mixed.
- Use immediately.
What are your favorite salad ingredients? Do you have a favorite dressing?
We’ve got more awesome salads for you– check them out!