Pina Colada Cake is a delicious poke cake with pineapple and cream of coconut. This is a perfect cake for summer bbq’s. It is a cake that is very rich and great for sharing.
Lucy’s birthday is Friday! And although she doesn’t like coconut, we must have a cake and I have an excellent recipe for a Pina Colada Cake. It doesn’t actually have coconut in it, but cream of coconut. I don’t think I can get that by her though. I think it’s yummy, and since we are in different states, this is the cake I will be making here for the party. It’s not a terribly pretty cake, but I’m not great at making cakes pretty.
This was my very first poke cake I ever made. When I got this recipe, it didn’t have pineapple in it. But I didn’t think a pina colada cake should be without the pina so I added it.
- 1 20 oz can crushed pineapple
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 8 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 14 oz can cream of coconut
- 1 8 oz tub cool whip
- Preheat oven to 350º. Grease a 9×13 baking pan.
- Drain as much juice as possible out of the pineapple. Pour the pineapple in the bottom of the pan.
- Mix the cake mix according to directions on the box. Pour the cake mix on top of the pineapple in the pan.
- Bake according to the box. When cake is finished, remove from the oven poke a lot of holes in the top of the cake with a straw.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk and creme of coconut over the top of the cake. Allow the cake to cool.
- When cake is cooled, spread the cool whip over the top of the cake and serve. Enjoy!
Looking for more delicious cakes?
Or looking for our most popular dessert recipes? Check them out!
Don’t forget to pin!