Chile Colorado Burritos are a delicious use of stew meat and easy to make. Because the meat cooks in the crockpot, they are a great busy day meal.
I have been on a mission to use all of our half of beef that we bought a while back. I would like to do this before I buy too much more. We went through the ground beef before anything else. But we still have a few stragglers of cuts. Stew meat is one of those. I thought I would use it up quickly too, but I still seem to have a bunch of packages of it. I was so happy to find this recipe for Chile Colorado Burrito that uses stew meat.
I have been on a Mexican food kick lately too. We have had nachos, homemade taco supreme, and chile colorado burrito in a very short time. The chile colorado burrito is a great meal for when you don’t have a lot of time. It can be made in a crockpot or a dutch oven.
- 1.5 - 2 lbs beef stew meat
- 1 - 19 oz can enchilada sauce red
- Refried beans
- Burrito size tortillas
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Place stew meat and enchilada sauce in a crock pot. Turn on low and cook for 6-8 hours until meat is falling apart.
- Heat refried beans in a pan on the stove.
- Turn oven on to broil.
- Take a tortilla and place about a 1/2 cup of meat drained. (Reserve sauce) Add a couple spoonfuls of refried beans and roll up as a burrito. Place in a 9x13 pan. Repeat until you have used all the meat. Pour remaining sauce over the top. Sprinkle with cheese. Broil until cheese is melted. Enjoy
You can cook the meat in a dutch oven also. 325 in the oven for about 4 hours.
We made our burritos big so we only got 3 out of the 1.5 lbs of meat.
Don’t forget to pin!