Tortellini Salad is a delicious & fresh tasting salad that is perfect for a summer side dish! Full of summer squash, zucchini & other yummy summery ingredients.
This is an updated version of a recipe & post I shared in 2013. Both the pictures & the recipe has been updated but the rest of the post remains the same.
I mentioned back in April that at my church’s salad supper, someone had brought a terrific and yummy Tortellini Salad. I started to look for a recipe but none of them seemed quite right. So I made my own and added squash, since I love squash & zucchini in the summer. (Check out my Fruit & Zucchini Smoothie.)
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 1 8 oz Tortellini, or 1 pkg frozen tortellini
- 1 medium summer squash, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into bite sized pieces (or pepperoni)
- 1/2 cup sliced olives
- 1 can Italian style diced tomatoes, do not drain
- 2-3 tbsp zesty Italian dressing
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Cook tortellini according to package. Throw squash into boiling water with tortellini for last 1-2 minutes. Drain tortellini and place in medium size bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Refrigerate until serving for at least 30 minutes.
There is a bite of summer in every bite of this salad and I love the tortellini also. In fact, I’ve been eating a lot more tortellini lately after having the tortellini salad at the salad supper.
I love how easy and summery this salad. I love pasta salads in the summer and I’m becoming a bigger and bigger tortellini fan.
Looking for more great salad recipes?
Don’t forget to pin!