These muffins are a delicious combination of banana, peanut butter and a hint of chocolate. Perfect for a yummy breakfast, brunch, or snack for kids or adults.
Recently my mom bought some Skippy Peanut Butter with Dark Chocolate to try out. The kids loved it!! So when I needed to make muffins for my and Jamie’s MOPS group. I thought I’d try it in a muffin. Of course, I made extras for the kids as well. Since they were such big fans of the peanut butter.
I’m a big fan of fruit in muffins and thought banana was the best pairing to go with the chocolate peanut butter. I love how these turned out. These were delicious! Not too much peanut butter for me and the banana was a great add-in without being overpowering! And they turned out so pretty; which is a nice bonus when you are taking the muffins somewhere to share!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 bananas
- 1/2 cup butter, soften
- 1 1/8 cups milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup chocolate peanut butter
- Line muffin tin with cupcake liners or spray with no stick spray.
- Mix dry ingredients (first four) in a bowl and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mashed bananas. Add butter, milk, vanilla, eggs, and chocolate peanut butter. Mix with electric mixer or whisk by hand until blended.
- Add dry ingredients and mix again until blended.
- Pour batter into muffins pans, filling each cup about 2/3 full.
- Bake at 375 for 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Yields 18-24 muffins.
I love making muffins for my kids (and me!) and they are my go-to brunch recipes. Do you love muffins too? Then check out these great and easy muffin recipes.