* This post is part of our April Top 5. Check out the rest of the top 5.
After making these fresh strawberry muffins for many years, I decided they needed updated pictures. These are always a huge hit when I take them to Bible study or a brunch, and people always ask for the recipe.
However, my original pictures just aren’t that great. I feel like I’ve learned a bit, so I was able to add some nicer pictures to them and share this fabulous recipe with you again!
Here’s the original text from when I first published this recipe in 2013:
I have been wanting to share this recipe for fresh strawberry muffins with you for several weeks, so I keep going to Costco and buying strawberries (they’ve had amazing strawberries lately!), but the strawberries are so delicious I end up eating them all before I have a chance to make muffins! What can I say, I’m indulging my pregnancy cravings!
These muffins are delicious, easy to make, and you can even feel pretty good about eating them, since they’ve got fruit in them, and they also have a lot of cinnamon, which is really good for you, and helpful in how your body uses sugar.
These fresh strawberry muffins are actually so amazing that I’ve been asked for the recipe time and again. Every time I make them to share, someone asks for the recipe. They may not be the most beautiful muffin you’ve ever seen, but they’re packed full of incredible flavor!
Try another fun variation of this recipe with Peach Streusel Muffins!
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 cup butter,, melted
- 2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare (by greasing muffin cups or putting paper liners in) 24 muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- In a second bowl, melt butter in microwave (approximately 30-60 seconds, stirring every 15-20 seconds). Into the butter, beat eggs and milk. Stir butter mixture into the dry ingredients until it is just moistened. Then fold in the strawberries.
- Pour into prepared muffin cups. Bake 18-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffins comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan.
Don’t forget to pin!